It is no secret that we are dog lovers. Seriously, it's a little over the top but we can't help it! When we lived together in the dorms we tried to devise a way to get a puppy (bad idea!).
Remi is Jacki's golden doodle, she's super snuggly and a little shy. Rufus is Abby's yellow lab, he bounces off the walls and is known to give face kisses. This post is dedicated to sharing some dog mom wisdom and brands we sincerely use and love (no endorsements). We get lots of questions about we use or like so here it is!
1. Swiffer Sweep & Vac: This is at the top of my list, if you own a shedding dog **labradors** this gadget will change your world. I wish I was exaggerating but having hardwood/tile floors the dog hair collects daily, this lightweight tool makes it easy to clean. It was sort of pricey for an off hand target purchase but it was so worth it! Only down side is it has a small tank that I have to empty often. I am considering stepping my game up to a larger stick vacuum like this one here. Any suggestions?
2. Power of the Daily Walk: Seriously, this seems like a no brainer but exercise every day makes for a much more clam and content pup! Dog parks can also be a nice treat if you live in a condo or town home like us. At first, I promised myself I would never use doggy day care because it sounded ridiculous....Hi, I'm now a doggy day care person. If you have a dog that super high energy this makes a world of difference.
3. Bark Box: Remi loves her Bark Box subscription, new toys delivered right to the door. The themes are adorable such as sushi night and spring showers. Many of the toys are stuffed which Rufus loves but they wouldn't last long with his destruction rate so I just shop the toy section and pick out ones that are super durable.
4. Vet Relationship: Finding a good vet to build a relationship with you and pet is very important. When you have an emergency, you need someone on your team that you have a prior standing history with that knows you. My dad is a vet, even though I can call him at the drop of a hat, he recommended starting a relationship with a vet first thing so when you an emergency in the middle of the night the vet knows you and your pet!
5. Up Country Collars: This is more for the human than the dog but these collars are my favorite! American made and super durable make these worth every penny. Rufus has one in pheasant print and American flag, so fetch! (get it?!)
6. Dentastix or Greenies: Keeping your dog's teeth clean keeps their breath fresh and can save them from an expensive teeth cleaning where they have to go under. Costco also makes a version of these too! These snacks are an easy way to keep up on their dental health and reward them (my dad highly recommends!).