Fall weather is the best time to cook up some hot, delicious soup in the slow cooker! Domestic is not my middle name, so even if you're not Martha or Betty you can easily make this recipe (I promise...and I have literally ruined easy mac and possibly caused a microwave to spark). After a long day of work, cozy up to this comfort meal that I have been perfecting for a year!
Slower Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 22.6 oz. Cream of Chicken Soup (Large Can)
- 1 Jar Salsa ("On the Border Medium" is my choice)
- 14.5 oz Chicken Broth (Low Sodium)
- 4 oz. Chopped Green Chilis
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Pearl Onions
- Other Options: 6 oz. hominy, 6 oz. black beans, sour cream
- Toppings: Tortilla Strips, Cheddar Cheese, Avocados
- Directions: Combine above listed ingredients (minus toppings) and cook on high for 4-5 hours until chicken shreds easily. Shred the chicken a half hour before serving and stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and tortilla strips.